THE HOLI GRAIL
The 12 commandments to keep yer skin+hair safe
Who doesn’t love playing Holi, and finding a legit reason to smear our friends’ faces with colour, and breaking that occasional egg, or two, on our arch-nemesis’s head, no? The perfect way to bid adieu to the cold winter months, we love all the vibrant colours, and the sprinkle of water from pichkaris (though ideally we could do without given we are trying to save mother Earth). And, while most of us have transitioned from wet gulal to more organic stuff over the years, it’s still important you keep that gorjus skin+hair safe with these HG products. You’re welcome.
1. THOU SHALT SLATHER ON THAT HAIR OIL LIKE IT WAS THE LAST BOTTLE ON EARTH – Take your pick between Bringhraj or the au naturel rain oil.
2. THOU SHALT COVER EVERY INCH OF YERSELF IN BODY OIL – ‘Cos you don’t want years of self-care to go down the drain, no?
3. THOU SHALT GO OTT ON THE SPF - And, keep your skin from turning red, or worse, peeling off. Ughh.
6. THOU SHALT USE A GOOD CLARIFYING SHAMPOO - To ensure all the colour and oil gets out, but doesn’t hurt those strands.
7. THOU SHALT CLEAN YOUR FACE WITH A GENTLE FORMULAE - To rid yer face of those colours without peeling off that ridiculously perf skin.
8. THOU SHALT USE A GOOD FACE PACK LIKE FULLER’S EARTH – Or, the gross-smelling, but the super-restorative besan.
9. THOU SHALT USE A VITAMIN+NUTRIENT-RICH SHOWER GEL – ‘Cos your bod needs to restock on those good minerals and such.
10. THOU SHALT MOISTURISE AND MOISTURISE WELL YOU SHALL - ‘Cos it’s obvious by now innit, that the more you slather on, the better your skin will recover.
11. THOU SHALT USE A GOOD HAIR STRENGTHENING OIL - And, men you’ll treat that ‘stache and beard with extra care with a super nourishing blend.
12. THOU SHALT GET BAE TO GIVE YOU A GOOD MASSSAGE